Search This Blog

Monday, September 9, 2019

The mayor is "kicking rocks" with public meetings. How about a pub crawl in honor of Her Honor?

BY RICHARD JOHNSON

My phone blew up with screen shots and tags when the “SCREW YOU CONSTITUENTS,” I mean “Kicking Rocks” tour was announced recently by Mayor Marian Orr. 
Who would have thought my stupid “Kicking Rocks 2020” T-shirt would’ve warranted four town halls?
Did these T-shirts inspire Mayor Orr's ill-conceived series off town halls?
The decision must’ve been made on the fly because no one in the Mayor’s Office or among her political cadre bothered to look at a ward map to plan locations. 
The name is still priceless, though, if you take it over and spin it, then make it positive. It hurts less when Internet trolls use your own words against you. 
Hell, even the dictionary uses it against you: “kicking rocks” – American informal used to tell someone rudely to go away.
In case you’ve forgotten, it was the mayor who told those who opposed her plan to kill Superday to “Go kick rocks.” 
If this had been a one-off, nobody would’ve cared. Most voters still don’t. 
In fact, one person wrote me and said if I had waited until Halloween, I would have several more political stinkers out of the Mayor’s Office to cover. (Who would have thought she would get a jump on all that by claiming she never said her pothole “emergency” is an emergency? What are she and her people thinking?)
It seems communication is a paramount issue to the mayor, not only with the City Council but with the constituency. Who in their right mind would call a town hall “Kicking Rocks,” let alone a visionary meeting showing what’s positive in Cheyenne?
If I didn’t know any better, I’d think the only rocks being kicked would be into a glass house. 
Let’s just say I lacked any political sense of timing and wanted to host a pub-crawl at 316 Central, The Hitching Post, Christensen Road, The Hole or the Children’s Museum. For one, you’d say, “There are no pubs there.” But you get the general idea.
Next, I would have to come up with a name. What better resource than the community. They have tons of ideas that are never listened to. Let’s see what they would name a pub crawl in honor of Her Honor. Some name ideas:
Kicking on the Rocks
Transparency through a wine glass
Pinot Grigio Splash Pad 
The pothole pub crawl
P.U.I – politicians under the influence 
Tree branch national emergency
Tornado sirens ruined my nap
My code of ethics book is the back of my Dodge truck
Gubernatorial fist bump
Pennies for parking tickets 
Pin the tail on my next appointment
Ms. Wyoming to the back of the line, I'm the mayor
$19,000 survey said, flowers (“Family Feud” reference)
Only I can bully people
Nationway Chip Seal
A beer for every campaign promise broken
It’s a Superday to Fight the Blight 
The war of roses and questionable use of public resources
1 p.m. drunken interview for next appointment.
Beer thirty. Guess I missed the youth council meeting again
Don’t f--- up this deal
I have this important title; I’m just going to cut in line
Don’t forget to tip your waitress 
Rock Bottom 
86’d
BAC 4 More
Some things in the West just can't be tamed. 
Turning Taiwanese, I really think so.
Hawaii 5-0 Bloomberg style 
Level 3 TIPS training in Poor Richard’s dining room 
Parade route booing
What did the maid say about what happened?
The billionaires still support me
God save the queen
Mayor Antoinette, “Let them eat rocks.”
We have the senator on line two about the rock quarry
The Mustangs are whiners
If elected, I’ll come back and visit 
Got a DUI on your trip back from Mexico? I'll call the local mayor to get you out
Your, you're, there, their, they’re. Go back to junior high English, PETA lady
The Homily Dash
Who needs Robert's Rules? I make my own
Repo Man 
Police ride along to the Avenues
April 1 and Cheyenne Day 2018
Self-medicating and escaping from everyday pressures
Small fish, small pond 
Yappy ass little dog inside the fence 
Eyeliner EKG
Money is no obstacle. I declare it an emergency!
Hurricane MO
Hair of the Dog 
Fire negotiations live from the Jonah Building 
You need to respect this office
Why is the treasurer's door closed again?
And last but not least: 
Richard is not running for mayor.
Some of these made no sense to me, but I posted them anyway because I wanted to make sure their voices are heard. 
I can’t wait, in the next few weeks, when my phone lights up again saying there is going to be a “pub crawl.” Imitation is the highest form of flattery. 
If 2019 is any example of the hour-by-hour nonsense, August 2020 is going to be stigmatizing. 

Richard Johnson is a former City Council member from Ward 3 from the east side of Cheyenne. If you are interested in a "Kicking Rocks 2020" shirt, contact Johnson at richardjohnson82001@gmail.com. They are priced at $10 each.

No comments:

Post a Comment