Search This Blog

Thursday, October 24, 2019

Yes, Madam Mayor, haters gotta hate. But then, you give them plenty of good reasons to do so

Editor’s note: On Wednesday, Cheyenne Mayor Marian Orr told a local radio station that she intends to just ignore the “haters” and keep working for the good of the Capital City. This comes in the wake of mounting criticism that she misused thousands of dollars – some for apparent personal reasons – from a $100,000 grant given to the city to help improve downtown. (You can read about that recent grant revelation at https://cutt.ly/4ekkaW1). 

BY RICHARD JOHNSON

Well you hate me, and I hate you
You never understand the things I say or do – So what's new?
You never liked me, so I say f--- you
You know, you know that you don't like me, and I don't like you
-- GG Allin

After the mayor called her constituents “haters,” I didn’t disagree. I am a hater. 
Here is a list of things I hate:
I hate city of Cheyenne employee turnover.

I hate hard-working city employees being threatened to hide stuff they think is wrong and then getting thrown under the bus. 
I hate seeing friends I met who work for the city walk around defeated.
I hate my taxpayer dollars being used for bar tabs.
I hate that a trip to Cabo can’t be justified. 
I hate that my volunteer hours planting flowers were crapped on.
I hate the fact that residents have to throw rallies to recall a public official.
I hate that Kicking Rocks shirts had to be made. 
I hate that only one council member is speaking out.
I hate voter apathy, but I understand that candidates suck.
I hate click bait candidates. 
I hate that delicious waffles were an innocent victim. 
I hate politicians at my door with fake smiles and empty promises.
I hate that the streets are still bad. 
I hate that good people are publicly shamed. 
I hate hearing about liquor licenses being used as blackmail.
I hate hearing about groping a Thunderbird pilot.     
I hate WARM (Wyoming Area Risk Management).
I hate new positions with large salaries. 
I hate hearing about blight. 
I hate alcohol-fueled Twitter posts.                
I hate people who are tardy. 
I hate the smell of orange juice and vodka. 
I hate pandering. 
I hate backpedaling. 
I hate retractions. 
I hate civics. 
I hate that I hate when I could write something positive. 
I hate that no discretionary funds were used to write this piece. 

 Richard Johnson is a former Cheyenne City Council member from Ward 3 on Cheyenne’s east side.


4 comments:

  1. Groping a Thunderbird pilot! Now that is funny. Poor guy. We'll be lucky if they return, or the pilot will ask to be re-assigned.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So many things to hate and it is a freaking shame!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate that Richard Johnson resigned as a City Council member.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone, I saw comments from people who had already got their loan from
    Unit Loan Offer. Honestly I thought it was a scam, and then I decided
    to make a request based on their recommendations. A few days ago, I
    confirmed in my personal bank account amounting to 15,000 $ , which I
    requested for business. This is really good news and I am so happy that I
    advise all those who need a real loan and who are sure to reimburse to
    apply through their email (unitloanoffer@gmail.com) There are sincere
    loan lenders!

    They are able to lend you a loan.
    Contact: Unit Loan Offer
    E-mail: unitloanoffer@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete